Man, that was a kick-ass keynote. SO much stuff was mentioned! But you know what? Some stuff that wasn’t mentioned still happened, and I’ve pored over the word-clouds from the keynote, and bits of documentation to bring you this list of unmentionables:
- Streamlined family setup
- iCloud Family storage sharing
- iCloud Family Apple Music
- iCloud file sharing
- iCloud remote backup (is this TimeMachine in the Cloud?)
- Apple TV home screen sync across multiple Apple TVs
- New wireless magic keyboard with numeric keypad (available in brushed aluminum now, and space grey later this year when iMac Pro ships)
- One handed keyboard mode for iOS
- HomeKit occupancy & duration triggers (this’ll be handy to use with my Ecobee3 motion sensors)
- Auto-delete (offload) unused apps to save space
- Pride watch band!
- “Proactive” (a key feature of iOS 10) has been rebranded as Siri
- A “Type to Siri” accessibility option on iOS
- Screen recorder in Control Centre on iOS
We didn’t get iCloud Family Photo Libraries, but the groundwork has been laid. There was also no mention of how (Vocal ID?) multiple users will be accommodated by HomePod.
P.S. - now I want an iPad Pro, but 256GB 10.5” with Wi-Fi+Cellular and Pencil and Smart Keyboard Cover and AppleCare+ is $1617 CAD. Ouch!